Your source for the latest fungi news

Poisonous wild mushrooms blamed for multiple dog deaths in SLO County

219

Poisonous mushrooms have been blamed for multiple dog deaths in San Luis Obispo County in recent weeks — and a Santa Cruz-based mushroom expert said it’s important to know what mushrooms cause harm.

Mike Maddux, who lives with his family on a ranch near Lake Lopez in Arroyo Grande, said his 10-year-old Patterdale Terrier named Brodie died last week within hours of eating mushrooms, shaking and convulsing before his distressing end.

“He was having seizures and wigging out,” said Maddux, whose 11-year-old son was particularly close to the dog. “We put him in the truck and took him to the vet. The vet did some tests and found out the toxins in Brodie’s body were due to mushrooms.”

 » Read More

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.